CODE OF CONDUCT
- Please observe all signs.
- Seating is first-come, first-served. Due to fire regulations, sitting in aisles and seating beyond the room’s capacity is not allowed.
- Be courteous during video presentations. Keep noise level to a minimum.
- Anime Matsuri reserves the right to refuse admission to Panels/Workshops/Viewing rooms to those under 18 during videos and/or panels with adult content.
- Be careful with Laser pointers. They are not harmless toys; they are capable of inflicting serious eye damage. Irresponsible use of a laser pointer will result in loss of membership and expulsion from the convention.
- Water guns and projectiles are not allowed in convention space, any use of them in public will result in loss of membership and removal from the convention. All involved parties will be required to pay the cost of any property damages suffered by individuals, dealers or the hotel.
- Respect cosplayers and your fellow attendees. Cosplayers, including participants of Anime Matsuri’s Cosplay Contests are representatives of the community and are looked up to. Positive behavior is expected from all attendees. Any kind of harassment towards cosplayers, including but not limited to harassment on social media, will not be tolerated and will be grounds for dismissal from the convention as well as possible criminal charges
- Failure to follow the rules may result in loss of membership and expulsion from the convention.
- Cosplay is one of the main features of Anime Matsuri. We kindly ask all Cosplayers to be tasteful with their choice of costumes.
- Be careful with large and bulky costumes or costumes that have large or bulky accessories especially in high traffic areas.
- No indecent exposure. Please abide by public decency laws and customs
CHILDREN BADGES / WRISTBANDS
- Name badges are your access to the convention (Certain area require additional wristbands).
- You cannot be in the convention without a Name badge. In case of loss, please report to registration immediately. You may be required to wait in line again & pay for a new badge so be careful with your name badge.
Children (12 years and below)
A parent or guardian MUST accompany children 12 years and below at all time. It is their responsibility.
Smoking is prohibited throughout this event.
Anime Matsuri is a non-smoking convention
Alcohol, Drugs, Theft, Vandalism
- Legal drinking age of Texas is 21.
- Drugs, theft and vandalism are illegal and will result in prosecution.
MAIN EVENTS GUIDELINES
All kinds of photography or video recording is strictly prohibited during the Main Events Concerts, only exception is official Anime Matsuri staff photographers and pre-approved press members. No other exceptions. If you are caught violating this rule, your recording device is subject to being confiscated, your badge subject to being taken from you and you are subject to being removed from the convention with no refunds.
By attending Anime Matsuri’s Main Events Concerts, you understand and agree to the above rules.
Photography for personal use
Photography is allowed for personal use in Cosplay Contest, J-Fashion Show and Club AM
No Flash Photography
- No Smoking in the Main Events Arena
- No Alcohol allowed in the Main Events Arena
- No over-sized bags or cosplay props in the audience
- Everyone in the convention space including the Main Events Arena must have a valid badge or wristband.
- You must obey security rules and respect security personnel at all times
- No climbing on stage at anytime
- No re-entry into Main Events Arena for 30 minutes after events starts
ANIME MATSURI understands that carrying props and replicas is important to many fans as part of the convention experience. Fans of prop weapons or other items permitted below must understand that they use and carry them at their own risk and assume all risks of liability to and from anyone injured or otherwise harmed directly or indirectly by the fans acts or inaction and property damaged. ANIME MATSURI shall not be liable for injury, harm, property damage, or other liability associated with any person`s use of any weapon, permitted, or banned, at ANIME MATSURI.
You may not be permitted to carry any kind of functional projectile weapon. This includes individuals who possess a weapons permit or concealed weapons permit. Keep them at home. Anyone found in possession of such a weapon will immediately have their membership revoked. Individuals caught in the illegal possession of a functioning projectile weapon will be reported and turned over to the proper authorities. All other items that could be used as a weapon MUST be peacebonded.
Swords, Axes, Spears, Pikes, Staves, etc. should be made out of wood, PVC, foam, plastic, cardboard, or paper. ABOSOLUTELY NO METAL weapons will be permitted on convention grounds.
Weapons should never be waved around in a manner that may be construed as use of the weapon (this is considered brandishing).
Brandishing any weapon-like item is NOT permissible. Brandishing is defined as drawing, exhibiting, or using any weapon whatsoever in a rude, angry, or threatening manner or using a weapon in any fight or quarrel.
Gun replica or other replica projectile weapons should not be pointed at anyone at any time. Replica pistols need to remain in a holster; replica rifles need to be slung.
Paddles (all varieties-including “yaoi paddles”) are not allowed.
No functioning projectile weapons or props will be allowed. This goes for Airsoft, Nerf, bows and arrows, pellet guns, etc.
Weapons such as Airsoft, Nerf, etc. may be permitted IF and ONLY IF the tip of the guns are obviously orange AND the gun is no longer capable of firing projectiles. This means that leaving the CO2 canister at home does not count as disabling the airsoft gun. Barrels must be filled and made solid, firing mechanisms must be removed, triggers must be removed, bows must be without string, or something along these same lines to make the weapon incapable of use without doubt.
Weapons check will ultimately have the last say with whether or not a weapon is deemed too dangerous to be permitted onto conventions grounds.
Exotic weapons will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Do not bring weapons that Anime Matsuri Staff, Convention Security, Hotel security, Houston Police Dept., and Montgomery County Sheriffs cannot tell are fake from ten feet away.
Weapons that are purchased in the dealers room at ANIME MATSURI must be kept wrapped and then immediately removed from the convention following purchase.
Drawing a weapon in the convention space, including parking lots, may result in immediate revocation of convention membership. Keep in mind, police will assume all drawn weapons are functional, and will act accordingly. .
These rules are for your safety and the safety of ANIME MATSURI. We are posting and enforcing these to protect you the con-goer, and our staff from harm be it physical, or legal. The rules are NOT open to interpretation nor will they be a point of argument. The rules are final and if they are broken, your badge can and will be pulled and you will not be allowed to participate in any future ANIME MATSURI events.
The George R. Brown Convention Center has the ultimate say in weapons policy.
Autographs and Photo Ops will be held in Exhibit Hall C/Vendor Room. The Autograph/Photo Op Booth will be located by the Anime Matsuri Booth. Open during regular Exhibitor Hall hours.
Attendees are not allowed to line up for an autograph session more than 30 minutes before the scheduled start time. Attendees gathering in the vicinity of the autograph room before that time will be asked to disperse.
To keep the line moving, we request that attendees bring absolutely no more than two items to be signed. Items should also be prepared for signing. For example, DVD inserts should be removed from the case and posters should be unrolled.
For Musical Guests, autographs are only allowed on the artist’s merchandise purchased at the convention. One item per person.
Attendees are welcome to take photographs of the guests as they sign and behind the table only. Please do not ask a guest to come around and take pictures with you.
Only properly licensed goods are allowed for autograph.
- Superpass holders have priority in line for all autograph and photo op sessions and are allowed one extra merchandise to get signed
- All international guests will require the attendee to have OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE to get an autograph. If a guest requires official merchandise, this means they will ONLY sign their merchandise sold by the Anime Matsuri Booth.
- Reservations/Tickets will only be given out at the Autograph Booth each day for SESSIONS DURING THAT DAY. (Ex: You cannot obtain a Sunday session on Friday; attendees must come to the booth on Sunday for that session.)
- Autographs are FREE. Yes, FREE. Reservations/Tickets do not cost anything. Limited to 90 people per session.
- To guarantee an autograph or photo, attendees must receive an autograph reservation/ticket from the Autograph Booth. There are no pre-sales; FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE.
- For Volunteers, we are introducing our new VPP system (Volunteers Priority Pass). This pass allows volunteers to line up behind Superpass. More detailed information about the VPP system will be announced.
AFTER CONCERT AUTOGRAPHS:
- The musical act(s) will ONLY sign their official merchandise.
- Merchandise will be sold at the Anime Matsuri Booth during regular hours AND at the Autograph Session after the concert: location TBA.
- Reservations for musical act(s) autographs will be handed out during regular hours, if there are any remaining, they will be at the Autograph Session after the concert.
- Photo Ops can be purchased at the Autograph Booth. CASH ONLY.
- Reservation/Ticket required. Limited to 60 people.
- Photo Ops include: One official Anime Matsuri printed picture and a selfie with the guest.